Features – RAM Wall Humidifier
- Easy-to-use dial humidistat control
- Up to 1600 ml/hr output
- Prevent dryness in your growing environment
- No refills required – mains water connection (all fittings included)
- Ultrasonic atomization technology
- Connects directly to a water supply
- Low power consumption only 120w
- Wall mountable and easy to install
- High output 1600ml per hour
A humidifier is a key component to making your grow room the best environment possible. Using a humidifier, you are able to control the humidity in your grow room environment. Allowing you to reach the optimum level of humidity for your plants.
The RAM Wall Humidifier is a wall mounted unit allowing for extra floor space without sacrificing your grow room environment. The easy-to-use humid-stat control dial allows for a simple control system from 20% to 100% humidity. The RAM Wall Humidifier as a stand-alone product or can be used alongside a Water Filter Kit. Users in hard water areas are particularly recommended to use a water filter with the humidifier, to protect its longevity.
- Input 220-240 V AC | 50 Hz
- Power 120 W
- MAX. Output 1600 ml/hr
A little lesson in humidity
Humidity, simply put, is the amount of water in the air. Even more, warmer air can hold more water than cooler air. So for garden purposes let’s talk Relative Humidity or the amount of moisture in the air as a percentage of the maximum for a given temperature. Humidity affects plants much like it does people. For example, 80°F feels much hotter in Florida than it does in California. Why? The Relative Humidity of course! While the temperature may be the same in both locations, the Relative Humidity in Florida will be close to 80% but only 35% in California. The more moisture that is being held in the air, the less the air can continue to take on. At a Relative Humidity of 80%, the air is unable to evaporate your perspiration as it would at 35%, and this is how the human body cools itself. When there is less Relative Humidity, the air is able to “absorb” the moisture coming off of your body, and in turn, cools you off.
Similarly, plants also “sweat” or transpire. Only about 5% of the water plants absorb through their roots is retained, the other 95% is transpired back into the air through the plants “pores” or stomata. Almost all the water is just passing through the plant. This constantly cools the plant, keeping it from overheating and drying, so that the plant can continue on with growth and flower production. Also, note that plants only photosynthesize when the stomata are open. If the stomata close, photosynthesis completely stops.
Back to relative humidity. We know that the more humidity that is in the air, the less moisture the air can “absorb”. We also know that plants must transpire 95% of the water they absorb so they can keep cool and keep photosynthesizing. So, if humidity is too high in the room the plants will not be able to transpire and will not be photosynthesizing or growing properly. Not transpiring also means they are holding water, which means they are not drinking more water, so they are not taking in nutrients. High humidity is also ideal for mould and mildew. On the other end, if humidity is too low, the air will practically pull the moisture right out of your plants and they will close their stomata in defence again shutting down photosynthesis.
The lesson here: If humidity is too low or too high, your plants are not growing.
“prompt delivery. maintains humidity in the greenhouse.”
“Wonderful simple product that easily did what I wanted. This product represents great value for money, very pleased.”
“This is the best humidifier I’ve used so far.. very easy to use and no water mess after use.. can use it over night.. more importantly it produces cold mist.”
As hydroponic ventilation experts, RAM understands the importance of having the right balance of air movement for the growth and yield of your plants. We provide high quality, specialist ventilation equipment for grow rooms, grow tents and other hydroponic growing environments. All of our fans, carbon filters, ducting, fan speed controllers and air movement accessories have been designed by growers, for growers.