RootIt – Horticultural Heat Mat
- ROOT!T Heat Mats available in large size only
- Large measures 40cm x 120cm
- Large will accommodate 4 standard seed trays
- Ideal propagation aid
- Clean, simple and easy to use
- Just wipe clean and roll up when not in use
- Provides invaluable bottom heat to seed trays
- Encourages seeds to germinate and cuttings to strike
- Cuts days off usual germination times
- ROOT!T Heat Mats are manufactured to the highest standards
- Water and fray proof
- Extremely heavy duty
- Tight labyrinth of fine heating elements gives uniform heat distribution and eliminates hot spots
- Instructions printed on the mat so can never be misplaced
Heat mats warm the rooting area to the ideal temperature required for speedy propagation, whether seed-germination or rooting cuttings and these mats offer more uniform heating than others. The wires throughout their waterproof, frayproof layers deliver the durability to withstand rugged greenhouse environments, providing uniform heat distribution and eliminating hot spots.
They’re hard-wearing and easy to use – just lay them directly on staging or table, then simply wipe clean and roll up when not in use.
Complete with a 1.8m (6′) power cable.
Small – 25cm x 35cm
Medium – 40cm x 60cm
Large – 40cm x 120cm
Use with your trays in your new or existing setup.
The wires throughout are waterproof and have the durability to withstand rugged greenhouse environments with its fray proof layers.
Conversions: 1 Teaspoon = 5mL | 1 Tablespoon = 15 mL | 1 Ounce = 30mL | 1 Cup = 240 mL
You should have the best possible mats for your garden. High-quality heating mats are not very expensive, so look for these features when making a new purchase.
- Heat mats should be waterproof.
- Heat mats come in different sizes, so choose the best size according to your gardening requirements. If you have a small indoor garden, then you will not need any bigger size than 10” by 10”. You can fit two starting trays on one mat. Buy multiple ones if needed.
- Heat mats should have power cords long enough to reach your outlet without using extension cords.
- Check for sufficient power wattage. Wattage indicates how much power it draws to itself and how high of a temperature it can produce. 15-watt mats will not heat as much as mats of 150 watts or more.
- If you only need to maintain 10-20 degrees higher than your existing temperature, you can use mats that have a wattage of 15 to 21. Big mats of 120 or more watts can heat up to 80 degrees, so choose according to your needs.
Now that you know what to look for in heating mats, let’s turn to thermostats.
Because you need an optimal setting for your seeds, you need to maintain the temperature of your soil. You should attach a thermostat to the heat mats or in some of the soil. You might want two thermostats: one to measure the temperature of the room and one to measure the temperature of the soil so that you can compare readings.
What to look for when looking for thermostats
- Choose a thermostat sensor or probe that you can insert into the soil. You need to know what your soil temperature is so that you can increase or decrease the heat of the heating mat.
- Choose a thermostat that scales in both Celsius and Fahrenheit degrees, so you do not have to calculate.
- Some thermostats can help control multiple heat mats at once. These are much more durable, so it would not hurt to have one.
At GTP Hydroponics we will have a thermostat to suit your heater mat. Please feel free to call us, view our eBay shop or view our website for the best deals.
“So far i’m lovin this heat mat, it covers most of my greenhouse bench that enables me to get a lot more seeds started when it’s still too cold for ’em to germinate without heat. It’s better and cheaper than buying enough heated propagators to cover the same area but best of all when the weather warms up and i don’t need heat i can roll it up and it takes much less space than rigid plastic propagators. Yes it’s expensive when you can buy a full sized electric blanket for a bed for half the price but it’s still worth getting one. It looks well made and should last for”
“Excellent product but you do need a soil thermostat to maintain a steady temperature”
“Really please with this much better value than loads of propagators. Works well in my greenhouse.“
ROOT!T is a brand by 1 of the UK’s largest hydroponic suppliers; HydroGarden.
ROOT!T is a range of propagation products developed for the home grower and professionals. They have the ease and simplicity of use combined with the professional quality expected from commercial products.
All of the products in the ROOT!T range complement each other to create a complete tool kit for successful propagation that you can trust and rely upon. From propagators to nutrient, ROOT!T is all you need.
ROOT!T is a registered HydroGarden brand, distributed exclusively by HydroGarden.